Thank you for considering volunteering with Big Dog Ranch Rescue. We are a non-profit, 501(c) 3, corporation and no kill shelter for stray, abused, abandoned, neglected, and surrendered dogs and puppies. Volunteers with a variety of skills are needed to save these animals and find them a forever home. Your help is GREATLY appreciated.
VOLUNTEER ORIENTATIONS ARE LIMITED AT THE PRESENT TIME DUE TO THE CONSTRUCTION OF OUR NEW CAMPUS IN LOXAHATCHEE, BUT YOU ARE ALL VERY IMPORTANT TO US AND WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AT THIS TIME.
We will be adding more volunteer orientaions to our calendar, so please check the events link below for the next available session and email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the day, date and time you would like to attend.
Some important facts to ensure that your expeirence is safe and rewarding:
- All volunteers must attend an orientation class before they are able to volunteer.
- All volunteers must wear Big Dog Ranch Rescue shirts when they are volunteering. These are available for purchase after the orientation class for $10.70 each (includes tax).
- When volunteering at our campus, please wear closed toed shoes (tennis shoes are fine) and (jeans, long pants, or knee length shorts). For your safety, no flip-flops or open-toed shoes are allowed.
- We suggest you bring a change of clothes, waterproof boots or shoes in case of rain while volunteering.
- A waiver must be signed by all volunteers at the orientation.
- All minor volunteers MUST attend an orientation prior to volunteering and adhere to ranch guidelines at all times. Guidelines will be reviewed in detail during orientation.
- Anyone can be prohibited from volunteering if they do not exhibit safe practices and maturity while on campus.
- If you are under 18, or plan on volunteering with your children, please be sure to review our Under 18 Policy which welcomes children and keeps them safe while at the Ranch.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL CHILDREN 16 YEARS OF AGE OR YOUNGER ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND THE ORIENTATION WITH A PARENT OR GUARDIAN. THE WAIVER MUST BE SIGNED BY THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IN PERSON AT THE ORIENTATION THAT DAY, AND THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST ATTEND ORIENTATION TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF OUR UNDERAGE VOLUNTEERS
THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS REQUIREMENT.
If you have any additional volunteering questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com. We appreciate your interest and thank you for becoming a part of the Big Dog Ranch Rescue team & helping us save more lives. We look forward to having you!!
Under 18 Policy
Big Dog Ranch strives to ensure the safety of every volunteer. If you are under the age of 18, there are a few simple guidelines that must be adhered to in regards to ranch policies.
- No minor under the age of 16 can volunteer without a parent present at all times NO EXCEPTIONS. No minor under the age of 10 is permitted to volunteer at this time.
- If you are under the age of 16, you are prohibited from handling dogs at the ranch.
- All minor volunteers must have a signed waiver on file. This must be signed by the parent/guardian AT THE RANCH, and brought with you the day of volunteering or brought home to sign after volunteering.
- 16 & 17 year old volunteers are permitted to handle dogs in accordance with the ranch policies, which must be followed at all times—NO EXCEPTIONS
CLICK HERE FOR THE VOLUNTEER FORM